Followers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011



(I am so confused about how to use this Blog!) At any rate, before I sanded this Table, I first needed to remove the shiney gold colored bands that divided this table into sixths (actually the strips were a form of plastic with a foam backing on them.) At about the same time, I sawed a one inch dowel into 3/4 inch long pieces, covered each with wood glue and wedged them into the 0ne inch wide circular holes. (These holes were to help you remove the mirrors in the original Table.)

After filling in the holes with the dowels, sanding and scrapping off the gold strips, I then scrapped into the finish just a bit to give this slick service some "teeth" or something for the Weldbond to attach itself to. Following this process I was able to coat the whole surface of the table with a mixture of Weldbond and water making the addition of my pieces of tile stick to this surface.

No comments: