Followers

Friday, February 3, 2012

It is Friday and today we are journeying up the "Coast" to collect my Grandmother's Platter Mirror from Stephan Hoglund's Gallery.




Today it is very warm for Northern Minnesota in Early February. We are going to be going even farther North to retrieve my Grandmother's Platter Mirror to be sold to Cindy Brubakken Svee right here in Two Harbors. This is a very special Mirror made up of tiny pieces of stained glass, all hand cut (by me) and placed around this Mirror in vines. Stunning.

Here is the progress on the Shelf. I have a bit of mixed feelings about the placing of the whole squares of tiles surrounding the poplar leaves. It is still not to late for me to pry them off and replaces them with shards of the tiles in stead. It would add movement to the piece, but i am a little concerned that this movement would distract from the leaves.

And two more pendants that I have completed with mosaicing and just need to grout and place the two part resin on.

No comments: