Followers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Okay, so yesterday was not such a great post Birthday, Birthday. Perhaps today I will try again...




Yesterday just was not all that good a day. Perhaps I had expectations that just could NOT be met. Perhaps this year is just not a good Birthday year. So this is what I did.

I did work in the garage until my hands became to cold to work. I have decided that I really HATE Lexell or any other silicone alternative. It is a bit like trying to attach items with Jello as it is wiggly and has no control. And once this Lexell is on my hands everything I touch attaches to my fingers. However, I did get the bottle caps attached. I will go look at them later (even though now we are having a bit of a snowstorm! Really, yesterday's sunny skies are now gone. Drats!) Hopefully I will make a few more of these funny coasters with the beer caps. I also tryed to get rid of the sharp dents put in the bottle caps after being removed from the beer bottles. I tried to hammer them out using a screwdriver. It was a bit tricky as if I hammered too much or too hard I put holes in the cap.

Back at the house, I took the plastic mask off of the salvaged Mirror. For the most part I liked what I saw, but I had no business grouting when I was sick, as now I have a bit of a mess to clean up. The edges are not as crisp as I'd like them to be, although I think anyone who is just looking at this Mirror would not notice. Just me. Or a mosaic person.

I stained the frame which I think looks wonderful - the dark stain takes away the dry effect of that the previous, unknown, sander left.

No comments: